Prince Willian Crew (PWC) hosts summer junior rowing programs for 7th through 12th grade students.
In the fall, rowing programs are available to students from 8th through 12th grade.
2020 Fall Sculling Programs registration is OPEN
If you participated in a summer session, no additional paperwork is required.
NEW U23 Collegiate Sculling Program
While Social Distancing guidelines remain in place – We will provide a majority of our programming in Singles (1x), however there are circumstances that allow participation in multi-seat boats provided same household/residence.
Some sessions are VERY LIMITED. There are only 12 singles total to be shared with all three levels.
- Level 3 – Developmental Sculling: For experienced sculling rowers. Must have completed at least Level 1: Intro to Sculling or with previous competitive sculling experience. For rowers that have completed at least 2 competitive spring seasons OR received authorization from their Level 2 Coach OR received authorization from their Level 1 Coach. The ratio is one coach to six rowers. A Swim Test Certificate on file either with the school team or PWC and a current (within the past 12 months) physical are required.
- Level 2 – Novice Sculling: Must have at least completed Level 1: Intro to Sculling or other sculling camps. For (13 to 18 years old) rowers that have completed a full spring high school novice season OR rising 9th graders with previous fall experience. The ratio is one coach to four rowers. Instruction will be basic sculling rowing skills. A Swim Test Certificate on file either with the school team or PWC and a current (within the past 12 months) physical are required.
- Level 1 – Intro to Sculling: For individuals (13 to 18 year-old) without sculling experience who are seeking an introduction to the sport. The ratio is one coach to two rowers. Instruction will be basic scull rowing skills. A Swim Test Certificate and a current (within the past 12 months) physical are required.
- SUMMER ONLY – (NEW) Parent/Child or Family/Same Household: For novice or experienced rowers. Family members may be two adults or two juniors from the same household. Junior rowers must have completed at least a 2020 Intro to rowing, or been a participant in a Scholastic program, PWC Fall program, or a summer camps program in 2019. The ratio is one coach to no more than three doubles. Instruction will be basic sculling rowing skills. Junior rowers must have a Swim Test Certificate on file either with the school team or PWC and a current (within the past 12 months) physical are required.
- (NEW) Private Lesson: A personalized private lesson is a great way to develop your skill. Our certified rowing instructors will give you one-on-one lessons tailored to your individual goals and needs, whether you are a beginner or looking to refine your skill. Private instruction is for you if you are looking to:
- Learn to row but cannot make a class or would rather an individual setting.
- Gain confidence in a single scull
- Receive individualized coaching
- Switch up your usual rowing routing
- Improve your technique, fitness and results
- (NEW) Semi-Private
Do you like the benefits of group rowing, but want the individualized attention of private instruction. Semi-private and group lessons give you the best of both worlds. By rowing together in a double (semi-private) or a quad (group), your coach will be able to focus on the dynamics of your boat as you work to not only improve your own technique but combine as a team to create an effective, dynamic stroke and boat speed.
Due to current Covid – 19 mandates – Boats larger than singles are restricted to “same household”.
- Private Lessons Scheduling: Each lesson is scheduled at your convenience, availability of the coach, and equipment on a not to interfere basis with calendar programming. A Swim Test Certificate and a current (within the past 12 months) physical are required.
Oxford House Boathouse at the Lake Ridge Park Marina
12350 Cotton Mill Drive, Woodbridge, VA 22192.
PAPERWORK: The following paperwork is required to participate. High School: VHSL HIGH SCHOOL PHYSICAL FORM–Rev Feb 2017
Middle School: PWCS MIDDLE SCHOOL PHYSICAL FORM
Swim Test Certification: PWCA Swim Test Certification Form
For bad weather days during session hours, call Programs Administrator.
Boathouse – 703-491-5754 (during session hours)
Programs Administrator, Renee’ Johnson: 571-330-7089