PWCA’s Fall Competitive Program places an emphasis on continued development of technique in all rowers along with providing the opportunity for competitive racing. Initial boat placements will be based on evaluations on the erg and on-water as needed.
The top two men’s and women’s boats will be expected to participate in all regattas including one away regatta at the Head of the Schuylkill. Lower boats will compete locally at coach’s discretion.
EVALUATION DAYS: 26 & 27 August, 4:00 to 6:00 PM at the Oxford Boathouse in Woodbridge
• COXSWAINS: Written and audio test submissions. The written test will occur on 26 and 27 August. The audio submissions will be turned in at the time of the written test.
• ROWERS: All experienced rowers interested in participating in PWCA’s fall Competitive Team will be evaluated on 26and 27 Aug
o 5-minute erg time
o 500 meter erg time
• Rowers will be placed in A to E boats (Initial rankings will be based on the evaluation criteria. Continued evaluations will be based on “on water” observation).
• During the fall season, rowers who desire to move from their current boat, may request a seat race for a new boat position.
DATES: 28 August to 3 November
TIME: 4:00 to 6:00 PM (with ability to flex)
DAYS: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
A payment plan option is available.
A uniform is required for all competitive rowers.
The uniform package includes:
- Team Hat
REGATTAS: The competitive select boats (upper boats) are expected to compete in all regattas below. At the coaches’ discretion, competitive boats (lower boats) will compete in the head races on the Occoquan Reservoir.
• Occoquan Challenge – 6 Oct
• Occoquan Chase—13 Oct
• Head of the Schuylkill—27 Oct (Competitive Select Boats only, additional fee for bus and boat registration)
• Head of the Occoquan—2 & 3 Nov